PhD (Dr.-Ing./Dr. in Engineering) in Computer Science in October 2007 from Technical University of Braunschweig, Germany
MSc Engineering in Computational Sciences in Engineering (CSE) in 2003 from Technical University of Braunschweig, Germany.
Bachelor in Engineering from KUET, Bangladesh in 2000.
HSC in 1993 (First division) from Comilla Board.
SSC in 1991 (First division) from Dhaka Board.
I joined United International University, Bangladesh on 28.01.2023.
Trust University, Barishal, (TUB) Bangladesh from 21.03.2021 to 25.01.2023: working as an Associate Professor at the Faculty of Computer Science & Engineering. Furthermore, I was Dean of the Faculty of Science and Engineering during my tenure at TUB.
University Malaysia Pahang, Pahang, Malaysia from 01.06.2014 till 28.02.2021: worked as an Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Computing.
Noor Center, Madinah Munawarah, Saudi Arabia from 12.08.2013 till 28.02.2014: worked as a full-time researcher in a project on Authentication and Protection of Arabic Script Using Text-Based Watermarking.
Taibah University, Madinah Munawarah, Saudi Arabia from 06.03.2009 till 12.08.2013: worked as an Assistant Professor at the Department of Computer Science.
Institute of Computational Mathematics and IAV GmbH, Germany from 08/2004 to 09/2007: Developed codes for modeling, simulation and parameter identification of problems from Diesel engines using C++ and Matlab-Simulink. Developed nonlinear optimization software using C++ and ASCET-C for the automobile controller ETAS.
Institute of Heat and Fuel Technology from 06/2006 to 09/2007: Research cooperation on CFD fire model development with the Institute of Heat and Fuel Technology, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Technical University Braunschweig, Germany.
IAV GmbH, Germany from 10/2003 to 07/2004: Internship on Implementation of a nonlinear optimization algorithm in C at IAV GmbH, Gifhorn.
Institute of Scientific Computing of TU Braunschweig from 05/03-09/03: Worked as a student research assistant at the where I worked with a graph partitioning software Chaco on a parallel computer with 40 processors.
Fraunhofer Institute for Surface Engineering and Thin Films, Germany from 2002-2003: Worked as a student research assistant at the Fraunhofer Institute for Surface Engineering and Thin Films in Braunschweig where I developed a simulation program with C++/MFC for thin film development under physical vapor deposition (PVD) process.
Institute of Structural Engineering from 2001 to 2002: Worked as a student research assistant on programming with C++ in the area of Finite Element Method (FEM) at the Institute of Structural Engineering of Technical University of Braunschweig.
- Formulating a multi-objective optimization control model of hybrid vehicles to enhance fuel economy using combustion and regenerative brake power, supported by Ministry grant FRGS RDU1901150, Project leader, Duration: 1/09/2019 – 31/08/2021.
- A new segmentation method in image processing of medical images for automated lung cancer diagnosis, University Grant No-RDU170397, Project leader, Duration: 15/05/2017 – 14/02/2020.
- A new global optimization algorithm based on stochastic approach to minimize software testing redundancy, supported by Ministry grant FRGS/1/2016/ICT01/UMP/02/3, Project leader, Duration: 1/06/2016 – 31/01/2019.
- Multiple optical character recognition of Jawi script by generalized maximum entropy, supported by grant RDU1603102, Project member, Duration: 25/06/2016 – 24/06/2019.
- Development of privacy and security protection protocol for wireless medical devices, supported by grant RDU1603105, Project member, Duration: 29/06/2016 – 24/06/2019.
- Enabling vehicle with IoT: Sensor networks for reliable communications, supported by grant RDU1403167, Project member, Duration 25/12/2014 – 24/12/2016.
- A Fast-Watermarking Algorithm for Authentication and Verification of Web-based Texts, grant RDU150391, Project leader, Duration: 01/10/2015 – 30/09/2017.
- Authentication and protection of Arabic scripts using text-based watermarking, Supported by a grant from the Research Center (NOOR), Co-Investigator, Duration: 2012-2014.
- Simulating the evacuation process of Al-Masjid Al-NabawiAlshareef, supported by a grant from the Deanship of Research, Taibah University, Project No. 432/469, Co-Investigator, Duration: 2011-2012.
- Traffic Flow Analysis for the Center of Madinah, Supported by “The Custodian of Two Holy Mosques Institute for Hajj Research, Project No. 43122004, Co-Investigator, Duration: 2010-2011.
- Project: “Developing a New Optical Character Recognition Technique for Numerical Postal Zip Codes” project supported by a grant from the Deanship of Research at Taibah University. Project No. 429/230, Consultant. Duration: 2008-2009.
Supervision of MSc and PhD students:
- MSc: Thamer AlKhalil, Thesis Title – Comprehensive Study among Software Engineering Methodologies for Security Assurance in AdHoc Network, Completed in 2021 from University Malaysia Pahang. Role: Main supervision.
- PhD: Ouache Rachid, Development of Mathematical Models For Quantitative Risk Assessment In Oil And Gas Refineries, Completed in 2018 from University Malaysia Pahang. Role: Co-supervision.
- PhD : Hocine Benseghir, Intelligence System And Simulation Model To Analysis Track Behaviors Employees at Industries, Completed in 2021 from University Malaysia Pahang. Role: Co-supervision.