Ph.D. Applied Physics, Electronics and Communication Engineering, University of Dhaka.
M.Phil. Applied Physics, Electronics and Communication Engineering,University of Dhaka.
B.Sc. Engg. Computer Science and Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET).
Higher Secondary Certificate, Dhaka College.
Secondary School Certificate, Chittagong Collegiate School.
- Sarwar, D.D. Gupta, S.M. Luna, N.J. Suhi, M.Tasnim, “Result Prediction using Data Mining”, Computing Conference 2021, https://saiconference.com/Computing.
- P. Roy, H. Sarwar, T. H. Ha-Mim, “An Integrated Software Development Method with built-in Software Process Improvement Framework”, International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering (IJITEE), ISSN: 2278-3075, Volume-9 Issue-3S, January 2020
- Rashid, M. J., Mamun, A. A., Sadek, M. S. I., Hossain, T., Sarwar, H., (2019). Simulation study of GaN/Al1-xGaxN quantum well (QW) operating in the UV region. J. Phys. Sci., 30(1), 25–32, https://doi.org/10.21315/jps2019.30.1.3
- M. Islam, H. Sarwar, M. A. Matin, M. J. Rashid, M. F. Islam, M. Kamal-Al-Hassan, “A Facile Arc-Discharge Method to Deposit Metal Nanoparticles on Glass Substrate”, Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Letters Vol. 11, 1–5
- Haque, H. Sarwar, S. R. Kabir, R. Forhat, M. J. Sadeq, M. Akhtaruzzaman, N. Haque, “Blockchain based Information Security of Electronic Medical Records (EMR) in A Healthcare Communication System”, 1st International Conference on Technology Innovation and Data Sciences (ICTIDS), http://ictids.lincoln.edu.my/, Springer LNNS
- N. Sharwardy, Z. Rahman, H. Sarwar, Time Series Parameter Prediction for ICU Patient, 22nd International Conference of Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT)
2018 – Rest
- S Sarwar, S Islam, T Hosain, H Sarwar and M J Rashid, “A comparison of the absorbed power for periodic, disordered and deterministic aperiodic arrays of Silver nanoparticles”, Journal of Physics: Conf. Series 1086 (2018)
- Kamal, S. Parvez, K. M. Khabir, R. Matin, T. Hossain, H. Sarwar, M. S. Bashar, M. J. Rashid, “Chemical Bath Deposition of CdS layer for Thin Film Solar Cell”, South Asian Journal of Research in Engineering Science and Technology (SAJREST), vol: 01 issue: 02 (2017)
- Mahmud, M. M. H. Polash, M. A. Kamal, A. B. Islam, H. Sarwar, “A Framework for Enhancing Bangla Document Images Printed on Newsprint Papers” 20th International Conference of Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT)
- S. Ahmed, T. Goncalves, H. Sarwar, “Improving Bangla OCR output through correction algorithms” 10th International Conference on Software, Knowledge, Information Management & Applications (SKIMA)
- Islam A. B., Chowdhury F. S., Nusrat F., Kabir K. L., Sarwar H., “A Study on Image Enhancement Methods for Printed Bangla Document Images”, The 5th International Conference on Informatics, Electronics & Vision (ICIEV).
- Ahmed M. S., Ahmed K. I. U., Miya M. T. I., and Sarwar H., “Data Analytics to Improve Students’ Academic Performance”, International Conference on Teaching and Learning.
- Sarwar, S. N. Sharwardy, Z. Rahman, S. Parveen, Md. Sharifuzzaman, Md. N. A. Hasan, “Monitoring and Prediction of ICU Patient with Pediatric Congenital Heart Disease Using Data Mining approach”, International Conference in Computer Assisted Systems in Health (CASH)
- Kabir, K., Shafin M., Anannya T., Debnath D., Kabir M., Islam M., Sarwar H., “Projection-Based Features: A Superior Domain for Handwritten Bangla Basic Characters Recognition”, IEEE Sponsored 9th International Conference on Intelligent Systems and Control (ISCO)
- Sarwar, H., Islam, M. M., Rashid, M. J., Hossain, T, “Study of Optical Radiation Efficiency of Nanoparticles”, Nanoscience & Nanotechnology Letter. Volume 6, Number 2, February 2014, pp. 170-173(4)
- shrafuzzaman Md., Chowdhury M S H, Akhtaruzzaman M, Sarwar H, “An Assessment of Software Development Practices of SMEs in Bangladesh”, International Conference on Advances in Computer Science and Electronics Engineering, CSEE 2014 March, 2014 kuala lumpur, Malaysia.
- aisal, A., Parveen, S., Badsha, S., Sarwar, H., Reza, A. W., “Computer Assisted Diagnostic System in Tumor Radiography”, Springer Journal of Medical Systems, March 2013.
- Sarwar H., Rahman M. M., Akter N., Hossain S., Ahmed S., Rahman C M, “Selection of an Optimal set of features for Bengali Character Recognition”, Technical Challenges and Design Issues in Bangla Language Processing, Editor – M. A. Karim, M. Kaykobad and M. Murshed, April, 2013
- Sarwar, H.; Islam, M. M., “Study of Optical Radiation Efficiency of nanoparticles”, 5th IEEE International Nanoelectronics Conference, IEEE INEC 2013, 2-4 Jan 2013, Singapore.
- Sharwardy, Z. Rahman, S. Parveen, H. Sarwar and A. M. Hossain, “A cost-effective web-based teleconsultation system,” 8th International Conference on Information Technology in Asia (CITA)
- Chowdhury, M. S. H.; Chowdhary , T. T.; Sarwar H, “An Assessment of Software Process Optimization Compared to International Best Practice in Bangladesh”, World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology v65, pg 237, 2012
- Sharwardy, S. N.; Parveen, S; Sarwar, H.; Rahman, Z., “An Analysis of a Videoconference –based Teleconsultation System in Bangladesh”, The Royal Sociey of Medicine Journals: Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare, v18, N5, 2012, pg303-304
- Mahmud, S., Sarkar, U. K., Islam, M., Sarwar, H.,”A Greedy Approach in Path Selection for DFS Based Maze-map Discovery Algorithm for an Autonomous Robot”, International Conference of Computer and Information Technology, Dec. 22-24, 2012, Chittagong.
- Farid, D., Sarwar, H,; “Knowledge mining for effective teaching and enhancing engineering education ”, International Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (ICECE 12), 20-22 Dec. 2012, Dhaka.
- Faisal, A., Parveen, S., Badsha, S., Sarwar, H., “An Improved Image Denoising and Segmentation Approach for Detecting Tumor from 2-D MRI Brain Images”, International Conference on Advanced Computer Science Applications and Technologies, ACSAT2012, 26-28 November, 2012, Malaysia
- Nurain, N., Sarwar, H., Sajjad, M. P., Mostakim M., “An In-depth Study of Map Reduce in Cloud Environment”, International Conference on Advanced Computer Science Applications and Technologies (ACSAT 2012), 26-28 November, Kuala Lumput, Malaysia.
- Sarwar, H.; Chowdhury, M. S. H.; Chowdhary, T.T, “An Assessment of Software Process Optimization Compared to International Best Practice in Bangladesh”, International Conference on Computer Science and Software Engineering, ICCSSE 2012, 29-30 May 2012, Japan.
- Chowdhury, M. S. H.; Chowdhary, T. T.; Ashrafuzzaman M.; Sarwar, H, “An Assessment of Software Process in a Typical Software House in Bangladesh”, 3rd International Conference on Computer Science and Information Technology (CSIT 2012), 15-Feb-2012, India
- Gani, M. O.; Sarwar, H.; et al, “Recursive Implementation of Markov Model”, Seventh Int. Sym. on Frontiers in Networking with Applications (FINA 2011), 22-25 Mar, Biopolis, Singapore, 2011.
- Hossain, S.; Rahman, S. M. M.; Rahman, C. M., “Comparative Analysis of Feature Generation Schemes linked with different classification algorithm”, Int. Conf. on Computer Processing of Bangla (ICCPB 2011), 19 Feb, Paper ID 31, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2011.
- Sultana, S.; Tonny, S. H.; Dewan, H.; Hossain, S.; Sarwar, H., “An Effort To Create An Image Dataset Of Printed Bangla Text”, Int. Conf. on Computer Processing of Bangla (ICCPB 2011), 19 Feb, Paper ID 27, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2011
- Akhanda, F. I.; Sultana, Z.; Sarwar, H., “An Effort to improve software teaching in Engineering Education”, International Conference on Engineering Research, Innovation and Education (CERIE 2011), 11-13 January, Paper ID: 401 , SUST, Sylhet, Bangladesh, 2011
- Nasreen Akter, Saima Hossain, Hasan Sarwar and Mofizur Rahman (2010). Development of a Recognizer for Bangla Text: Present Status and Future Challenges, Character Recognition, Minoru Mori (Ed.), ISBN: 978-953-307-105-3, Sciyo.
- Akhanda, F. I.; Sultana, Z.; Sarwar, H., “An investigation to find the gap between academy output and software industry skill requirement”, (with F. Akhanda, Z. Sultana), Annual International Conference on Software Engineering 2010 [Global Science and Technology Forum (GSTF), 6-7 December, Paper ID SE 13, Phuket, Thailand, 2010. URL:
- Hossain, S., Akter; N., Azam; S.M.F.A.; Sarwar, H.; Rahman, C. M., “Comparative Analysis on Feature Vectors for Printed Bangla OCR”, Int. Conf. On Software, Knowledge, Information Management and Application, 25-27 August, Bhutan, pp 114-119, ISBN 978- 974-672-556-9, 2010
- Nur, K. M.; Sarwar, H., “Software Visualization Tools for Software Comprehension”, Int. Conf. On Software, Knowledge, Information Management and Application, 25-27 August, Bhutan, pp 185-191, ISBN 978- 974-672-556-9, 2010
- M.O. Gani, H. Sarwar, C. M. Rahman, “Prediction of State of Wireless Network Using Markov and Hidden Markov Model,” Journal of Networks, vol. 04, no. 10, pp. 976-984, Dec. 2009.
- Mahmud, M.; Monir, S.; Khan, T.; Mustafa, M.A.R.; Sarwar, H., “Comparing FLV and MPEG4 (H.264/AVC) multimedia file format with wireless network parameters,” 11th International Conference on Computer and Information Technology, 2008. ICCIT 2008, pp.566-570, 24-27 Dec. 2008, , Khulna, Bangladesh
- Akter, N.; Hossain, S.; Islam, M.T.; Sarwar, H., “An Algorithm for Segmenting Modifiers from Bangla Text,” 11th International Conference on Computer and Information Technology, 2008, ICCIT 2008, pp.177-182, 24-27 Dec. 2008, Khulna, Bangladesh
- Gani, O.; Mehedi, I.J.; Seraj, M.; Sarwar, H.; Rahman, C.M., “Prediction of the density of active wireless device using markov model,” 11th International Conference on Computer and Information Technology, 2008. ICCIT 2008 , pp.691-695, 24-27 Dec. 2008, Khulna, Bangladesh
- Joarder, R.A.; Parveen, S.; Sarwar, H.; Sanyal, S.K.; Rafique, S., “Analysis of real-time multimedia traffic in the context of self-similarity,” International Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2008, ICECE 2008, pp.618-623, 20-22 Dec. 2008, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Rashid, J.; Sarwar, H.; Rafique, S., “A proposal of an improved Handoff decision algorithm,” International Conference on Computer and Communication Engineering, 2008, ICCCE 2008, pp.32-36, 13-15 May 2008, KL, Malaysia
- Kamal, J.M.M.; Junaebur Rashid, M.; Islam, T.; Sarwar, H., “An intelligent handoff decision algorithm,” International Conference on Computer and Communication Engineering, 200, ICCCE 2008, pp.37-41, 13-15 May 2008, KL, Malaysia
- Rafique, H. Sarwar, et al. “Towards the improvement of Data Rate through DMARP in FDDI Network,” The Dhaka University Journal of Science, Vol. 54, No. 1, Jan 2006.
- Hasan Sarwar, Shahida Rafique, Study of Scattering in 1D Nanostructured Semiconductor Devices Using Monte Carlo Simulation, Asia-Pacific Optical Communications 2006 (APOC 2006), 3-7 September 2006, Korea, Optoelectronic Materials and Devices, edited by Yong Hee Lee, Fumio Koyama, Yi Luo, Proc. of SPIE Vol. 6352, 63522A, (2006) · doi: 10.1117/12.691802
- Hasan Sarwar, Shahida Rafique, Study of transport properties in 1D Nanostructured Semiconductor Devices Using Monte Carlo Simulation, Joint International Conferences on Optical Internet and Next Generation Network (COIN-NGNCON 2006), July 9-13, 2006, Korea
- Hasan Sarwar, Shahida Rafique, Study of Scattering in 1D Nanostructured Semiconductor Devices, Regional Physics Conference, Atomic Energy Centre, Dhaka, Bangladesh Feb 11-13, 2006
- Islam, H. Sarwar, S. Rafique, et. al., “FPGA Realization Of Multipurpose FIR Filter,” The Dhaka University Journal of Science, Vol. 53, No.1, Jan. 2005.
- Sharmin Nahar, Hasan Sarwar, Shahida Rafique, Design Constraints of a User Friendly Keyboard Layout Supporting UNICODE Compliant Bangla Character Set, International `Conference on Computer Processing of Bangla, Dhaka, Bangladesh, December 2005.
- Tasnia Hossain, Nusrat Harun, Hasan Sarwar, Shahida Rafique, Performance Study of Two Interior Routing Protocols, RIP and OSPF on a Wide Area Network, International Conference on Computer and Information Technology, 8th ICCIT 2005, ISBN 984-32-2873, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 28-30 December 2005
- Sharmin Parveen, R. A. Joarder, Afreen Azhari, Hasan Sarwar, Dr Shahida Rafique, A Congestion Control Algorithm for Multimedia Traffic. 160-163 Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Publisher: Springer-Verlag GmbH, ISSN: 0302-9743, Volume 3320 / 2004, Title: Parallel and Distributed Computing: Applications and Technologies: 5th International Conference, PDCAT 2004, Singapore, December 8-10, 2004. Proceedings, ISBN: 3-540-24013-6.
- A New Approach for Congestion Control Algorithm Employing Multimedia Traffic, “Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Electrical And Computer Engineering”, ICECE-2004, Dec 28-30 2004, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Hasan Sarwar, Dr. Shahida Rafique, Spintronics and Spin Related effects in Semiconductor, “International Conference on Physics for Understanding and Application”, Dhaka, 22-24th Feb, 2004, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- “A Proposed in Campus Free Space Optical Wireless Metropolitan Area Network (MAN) with Routing Algorithm: Utilizing Multi-cellular Topology”, “International Conference on Physics for Understanding and Application”, Dhaka, 22-24th Feb, 2004, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- A. Joarder, Sharmin Parveen, Hasan Sarwar, Dr Shahida Rafique, A Satellite Based Shortest Path Routing Algorithm, “International Conference on Physics for Understanding and Application”, Dhaka, 22-24th Feb, 2004, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- A Sharmin Parveen, Hasan Sarwar, P. Venkateswaran, S. K. Sanyal, Shahida Rafique, R. Nandi, A Shortest Path Routing Algorithm For Reliable Spanning Cost Minimization, “Proceedings of The 2nd International Conference on Computers and Devices for Communication“, January 1-3, 2004 India.
- Hasan Sarwar, Shahida Rafique, Advances and Applications of Quantum Monte Carlo Method in characterizing compound semiconductors and devices, “Proceedings of The 2nd International Conference on Computers and Devices for Communication“, January 1-3, 2004 India.
- Tariqul Islam, Hasan Sarwar, Shahida Rafique, et. al., FPGA Realization Of Multipurpose FIR Filter, Proceedings of “The Fourth International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing, Applications and Technologies.” August 27-29, 2003, Chengdu, China.
- Sharmin Parveen, Hasan Sarwar, Shahida Rafique, Telecommunication at the Beginning of The New Millennium: Present Scenario and Future Trend – A model for Community LAN, “International Conference on Electrical And Computer Engineering”, ICECE-2001, Jan 5-6 2001, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Hasan Sarwar, Shahida Rafique, Monte Carlo Simulation 1D semiconductor Devices, XXVIIIth General Assembly of International Union of Radio Science (URSI), 23-29 October, 2005, India
- Performance Study of wired, wireless and combined approach LAN and WAN, General Assembly of International Union of Radio Science (URSI), 23-29 October, 2005
- A Hybrid Algorithm for SATELLITE-TERRESTRIAL Network, General Assembly of International Union of Radio Science (URSI), 23-29 October, 2005
- S Rafique, S Parveen, A Azhari, H Sarwar, Mobile Communication System Engineering: Evolution Toward 4G and Next, Calcutta Section, IEEE SILVER JUBILEE Celebration Program, Nov 6-7, 2003, Kolkata, India.
- H.A. Rupama Anupama, Hasan Sarwar, et al., Effects of Cell Phone on Human Body: Engineering and Biological Perspective, “National Conference on Radio Science in India”, Nov 27-29, 2003, India.
- Hadifur Rahman, Hasan Sarwar, Shahida Rafique, Design and Architecture of Highly Efficient Solar Cell, Proceedings of “Conference on Renewable Energy for Sustainable Development” Oct 2-4, 2003, ISBN 984-32-0869-2, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Afreen Azhari, Hasan Sarwar, Dr. Shahida Rafique, “A Proposed Free Space Optical Wireless Local Area Network (LAN) for Dhaka University Campus: Utilizing Multi-cellular Topology”, BES (Bangladesh Electronics Society) Conference 2002, April 24 & 26, 2003, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Hasan Sarwar, Shahida Rafique, Simulation and Evaluation of Some of The Characteristic properties of Semiconductor, Presented at a Symposium of Bose Centre, April 21, 2001, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Sharmin Parveen, Hasan Sarwar, Shahida Rafique, A Proposed Model for a Campus LAN Using Optical Communication Link, “21st Bangladesh Science Conference of Bangladesh Association for the Advancement of Science”, 2001.
We are trying to develop a Software Engineering Methodology dubbed as 3D Model. The benefit of this model is that it involves less number of task phases, applicable for a small team and allows quick delivery.
Here we are developing a simple model to help ICU patients by using a smart monitoring system. This will reduce the ICU stay time and improve the cure process.
Education Data Mining
Here we are investigating the teaching learning process, specially in the area of higher education, by analyzing different types of education data. This aims to improve the learning capacity of students, and teaching capacity of teachers.
Here we worked on an array of topics to develop a Bangla OCR.
We work with development and characterization of nanomaterials. Our last work was to develop a simple arc discharge system to develop nanomaterials in a low cost way.
Currently I am focusing on blockchain technology. Main goal is to ensure data security and privacy in the education domain.
Director, Edusoft Consultants Ltd, focus is to develop and deploy a University Management System for the Higher Education system focused on Bangladesh.
Member, Board of Accreditation for Engineering and Technical Education (BAETE)
Consultant for establishing a Distance Learning Resource Center for Bangladesh University of Health Science.
Research Grant received to build the “Mobile-Web based Electronic health records System for patient management in heart diseases” from innovation fund of 2015-16 ICT Division, Ministry of Posts, Telecommunications and IT, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh of around 15500 USD, June 2016.
Research Grant received for Preparation and Characterization of Plasmonic Metal Nanoparticles deposited on glass from United International University of around 10,700 USD, March 2016.
Research Grant received to build the “Refreshable Digital Braille Display” from Access to Information programme (A2i) of Prime Ministers Office (PMO) of around 30000 USD, June 2015.
Research Grant received to build the first Bangla Optical Character Recognizer (OCR) from Access to Information programme (A2i) of Prime Ministers Office (PMO) of around 28000 USD, October 2013.
Consultant of International Partner (IP), Kent State University, to support building Bangladesh Research and Education Network BDREN to be operated as a trust initiated under University Grants Commission, supported by World Bank. 2012 – 2016