Jameel, Abu Shafin Mohammad MahdeeAssistant ProfessorMobile : +880 155 181 3587Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
|M.Eng. in Computer and Systems Engineering
||Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, USA||2014|
|M.Sc. in Electrical and Electronic Engineering||BUET||2012|
|B.Sc. in Electrical and Electronic Engineering||BUET||2009|
- Jameel, Abu Shaﬁn Mohammad Mahdee, Shaikh Anowarul Fattah, Rajib Goswami, Wei-Ping Zhu, and M. Omair Ahmad. “Noise robust formant frequency estimation method based on spectral model of repeated autocorrelation of speech.” IEEE/ACM Transactions on Audio, Speech, and Language Processing 25, no. 6 (2017): 1357-1370.
- Jameel, Abu Shaﬁn Mohammad Mahdee and Khandekar Abdullah Al Mamun, “Using Deep Brain Local Field Potentials to Predict Movement and Laterality”, in proc. 1st IBRO-APRC Bangladesh Associate School of Translational Neuroscience and Research, Sep 2017, Bangladesh.
- Jameel, Abu Shaﬁn Mohammad Mahdee, Mike Mace, Shouyan Wang, Ravi Vaidyanathan and Khondaker Abdullah Al Mamun, “Predicting Movement and Laterality From Deep Brain Local Field Potentials”, in proc. MediTec 2016 – International Conference on Medical Engineering, Health Informatics and Technology , Dec 2016, Bangladesh.
- Jameel, Abu Shaﬁn Mohammad Mahdee, and Khondaker Abdullah Al Mamun. “An algorithm to decode movement and laterality from Deep Brain Local Field Potentials utilizing time and frequency domain features”, in proc. TENCON 2016 – 2016 IEEE Region 10 Conference , 2016 IEEE, pp. 409-413. IEEE, 2016.
- Fattah, Shaikh Anowarul, Celia Shahnaz, Abu Shaﬁn Mohammad Mahdee Jameel, and Rajib Goswami. “ECG signal based human identiﬁcation method using features in temporal and wavelet domains”, in proc. TENCON 2012-2012 IEEE Region 10 Conference, pp. 1-4. IEEE, 2012.
- Fattah, Shaikh Anowarul, Tonmoy Ghosh, Apurba Kumar Das, Rajib Goswami, Abu Shaﬁn Mohammad Mahdee Jameel, and Celia Shahnaz. “An approach for formant based speech recognition in noise,” in proc. TENCON 2012-2012 IEEE Region 10 Conference, pp. 1-4. IEEE, 2012.
- Fattah, Shaikh Anowarul, Celia Shahnaz, Abu Shaﬁn Mohammad Mahdee Jameel, and Rajib Goswami. “Human identiﬁcation method using time and wavelet domain features based on modiﬁed dECG.” in proc. ICECE 2012 – 7th International Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering , pp. 20-23. IEEE, 2012.
- Fattah, Shaikh Anowarul, Abu Shaﬁn Mohammad Mahdee Jameel, Rajib Goswami, Sudip Kumar Saha, Nitu Syed, Shakil Akter, and Celia Shahnaz. “An approach for human identiﬁcation based on time and frequency domain features extracted from ECG signals.” In TENCON 2011-2011 IEEE Region 10 Conference, pp. 259-263. IEEE, 2011.
- Jameel, Abu Shaﬁn Mohammad Mahdee, Shaikh Anowarul Fattah, Celia Shahnaz, and Rajib Goswami. “Human Identiﬁcation Using Time and Frequency Domain Features of ECG Signals”, in proc. IEBAPM 2012, Bangladesh.
- Fattah, Shaikh Anowarul, Tonmoy Ghosh, Apurba Kumar Das, Rajib Goswami, Abu Shaﬁn Mohammad Mahdee Jameel, and Celia Shahnaz. “Formant Based Voice Print for Vowel Recognition”, in proc. IEBAPM 2012, Bangladesh.
- “Design of a low cost ICU system for real-time monitoring of ECG, Oxygen rate, Temperature and Blood pressure” in proc. EUProW2009, BUET, Bangladesh.
- “Design of a low cost EEG system for brain wave monitoring with remote observation via internet” in proc. EUProW2009, BUET, Bangladesh.
- Machine Learning
- Pattern Recognition
- Biomedical Signal Processing
- Image Processing
- Speech Processing
- Computer Vision
- Embedded Systems
- IoT devices
- Neural Engineering
- Noise Robust Formant Frequency Estimation Method for Speech Recognition Based on Spectral Model of Repeated Autocorrelation of Speech (M.Sc.), Under Prof. Shaikh Anowarul Fattah.
- Development of a Low Cost Microcontroller Based Patient Monitoring System for Intensive care unit of hospitals (B.Sc.), Under Prof. Mohammad Ali Choudhury.
PROJECT AND TERM PAPERS
Masters term papers include
- Plant species detection from leaf images
- Detection of attack and congestion conditions in smart grid networks using neural networks
- Compression of 2D signals using image processing techniques
- Social networks as distributed systems: information flow
- ECG based human identification
- Bangla digit recognition
- Long term anomaly detection in crowd sourced webcam videos
Significant undergraduate projects are
- Construction of a basic web enabled EEG machine
- Webcam based motion sensor
- Smart card identification using micro-controller
- Power System Symmetrical and unsymmetrical fault analysis
- Automation of Cold storage using micro-controller and control via internet
- Development of custom libraries for interfacing any micro-controller with LCD module
- Complete wiring design of a 4 story building with real life and CAD models
- Design of the security system for a museum
- Hardware and Software Implementation of Arithmetic and Logic Unit Design.
Some of the research projects I supervised
- Soil Type Detection From Images
- Low Cost Document Camera With Motorized Zoom
- Bangla License Plate Reader
- Stochastic modeling of Bangla speech for HMM
- Bangla written digit recognition using edge detection method
- PWM inverter using micro-controller
- Automatic solar energy based lighting system using micro-controller
- Plant watering bot
- Bangla Number Plate Recognizer for Parking Systems
- Customer Data Clustering for Recommendation Systems
- Dean’s Merit Award (‘the dean’s list’) – awarded by BUET. Received this award in the junior year (Level-3) and Final year (senior year, Level-4).
- Dhaka Education Board Scholarship for Higher Secondary Certificate Examination.
- Dhaka Education Board Scholarship for Secondary School Certificate Examination.
- Talent pool Scholarship, Government Junior merit examination (Class 8). Stood 1st in Ishwarganj school district.
Numerous awards in general knowledge competitions, including:
- Champion in Inter college competition, Holy Cross College.
- Runner UP in Inter college competition, Notre Dame College.
Numerous awards in math olympiads, including:
- Champion in inter college math olympiad, Viqarunnisa Noon College.
- Champion in inter college math olympiad, Notre Dame College.
I am a member of IEEE.
- Shaikh Anowarul Fattah and Abu Shaﬁn Mohammad Mahdee Jameel, Speech “Word vs Phoneme Level Bangla Speech Analysis: Trends and Challenges” International Conference on Bangla Speech and Language Processing, Sep 2018, Sylhet, Bangladesh
- Shaikh Anowarul Fattah and Abu Shaﬁn Mohammad Mahdee Jameel, “Workshop on Machine Learning Algorithms for Robotics and Automation” April 2018, NSU IEEE Robotics and Automation Society, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Abu Shaﬁn Mohammad Mahdee Jameel and Farabi Mahmud, “Introduction to Robotics”, 1st Robotics Competition for Colleges, March 2018, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Shaikh Anowarul Fattah, Abu Shaﬁn Mohammad Mahdee Jameel and Haﬁz Imtiaz, “Biometric Security: Recognition Techniques and Challenges”, in ICEEICT, April 2014, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Abu Shaﬁn Mohammad Mahdee Jameel, “Pattern Recognition: Applications and Techniques”, organized by IEEE student Branch, December 2013, BUET, Bangladesh.
MEMBER OF ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
- IBRO-APRC Bangladesh Associate School of Translational Neuroscience and Research September 2017, United International University, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- The 21st International Conference On Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT 2018), December 2018, United International University, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- IEEE Access: The Multidisciplinary Open Access Journal
- Sixth International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI-2017), September 2017, Manipal, Karnataka, India
- IBRO-APRC Bangladesh Associate School of Translational Neuroscience and Research, September 2017, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- The International Conference on Medical Engineering, Health Informatics and Technology, December 2016, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- IEEE Tencon 2016, November 2016, Singapore
Courses I’ve Designed and Taught
- Building a Tech Startup
- Image Processing
- Final Year Design Project (Capstone Course) (In collaboration with Professor Salekul Islam, PhD)
Courses I’ve Taught
- Pattern Recognition (Theory and Lab),
- Microprocessor and Interfacing (Theory and Lab),
- Electronics (Theory and Lab),
- Data Communication,
- Measurement and Instrumentation I (Theory and Lab),
- Digital Electronics (Theory and Lab),
- Solid State Devices,
- Digital signal processing,
- Signals and Systems,
- Control System I (Theory and Lab),
- Power Electronics,
- Electrical Circuits,
- Embedded Control,
- Electronic Instrumentation,
- Integrated Electronics
Major Graduate courses I had as a student
- Image Processing,
- Pattern Recognition,
- Machine Learning,
- Distributed Systems and Sensors,
- Speech Communication,
- Biomedical Signal Processing,
- Design of Power semiconductor circuits and drives,
- Carbon Nanotechnology,
- Broadband Wireless Communication,
- Synthetic Biology,
- Physical Foundations of Solid State Devices,
- R&D Management,
- Starting Up a new Venture,
- Portfolio Management,
- Corporate Finance,
- Managerial Accounting,
- Integrated Marketing Communication
I am the mentor to the robotics club at UIU. The club regularly organizes intra-university and national level workshops and competitions. One of the most significant contributions of the club is the hosting of the Departmental Project Show every trimester.
Club members have won numerous national and international competitions.
I feel very lucky to have met a group of tremendously dedicated people through the club. This is one of my most favorite parts of being at UIU. You can get more information about the club at our website and facebook page: