|M.Eng. in Computer and Systems Engineering
||Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, USA||2014|
|M.Sc. in Electrical and Electronic Engineering||BUET||2012|
|B.Sc. in Electrical and Electronic Engineering||BUET||2009|
- “An Approach for Human Identification Based on Time and Frequency Domain Features Extracted from ECG Signals”, in IEEE TENCON 2011, Indonesia.
- “ECG Signal Based Human Identification Method Using Features in Temporal and Wavelet Domains”, in IEEE TENCON 2012, Phillipines.
- “An Approach for Formant Based Speech Recognition in Noise”, in IEEE TENCON 2012, Phillipines.
- “Human Identification Method Using Time And Wavelet Domain Features Based on Modified DECG”, in ICECE 2012, Bangladesh.
- “Human Identification Using Time and Frequency Domain Features of ECG Signals”, in proc IEBAPM 2012, Bangladesh.
- “Formant Based Voice Print for Vowel Recognition”, in proc IEBAPM 2012, Bangladesh.
- “Design of a low cost ICU system for real-time monitoring of ECG, Oxygen rate, Temperature and Blood pressure” in EUProW2009, BUET, Bangladesh.
- “Design of a low cost EEG system for brain wave monitoring with remote observation via internet” in EUProW2009, BUET, Bangladesh.
- “Biometric Security: Recognition Techniques and Challenges”, in ICEEICT 2014, Bangladesh.
- “Pattern Recognition: Applications and Techniques”, organized by IEEE student Branch, BUET, 2013.
- Computer Vision
- Pattern Recognition
- Speech Processing
- Biomedical Signal Processing
- Embedded Systems
- Noise Robust Formant Frequency Estimation Method for Speech Recognition Based on Spectral Model of Repeated Autocorrelation of Speech (M.Sc.), Under Prof. Shaikh Anowarul Fattah.
- Development of a Low Cost Microcontroller Based Patient Monitoring System for Intensive care unit of hospitals (B.Sc.), Under Prof. Mohammad Ali Choudhury.
PROJECT AND TERM PAPERS
Masters term papers include
- Plant species detection from leaf images
- Detection of attack and congestion conditions in smart grid networks using neural networks
- Compression of 2D signals using image processing techniques
- Social networks as distributed systems: information flow
- ECG based human identification
- Bangla digit recognition
- Long term anomaly detection in crowd sourced webcam videos
Significant undergraduate projects are
- Construction of a basic web enabled EEG machine
- Webcam based motion sensor
- Smart card identification using micro-controller
- Power System Symmetrical and unsymmetrical fault analysis
- Automation of Cold storage using micro-controller and control via internet
- Development of custom libraries for interfacing any micro-controller with LCD module
- Complete wiring design of a 4 story building with real life and CAD models
- Design of the security system for a museum
- Hardware and Software Implementation of Arithmetic and Logic Unit Design.
Some of the research projects I supervised
- Soil Type Detection From Images
- Low Cost Document Camera With Motorized Zoom
- Bangla License Plate Reader
- Stochastic modeling of Bangla speech for HMM
- Bangla written digit recognition using edge detection method
- PWM inverter using micro-controller
- Automatic solar energy based lighting system using micro-controller
- Dean’s Merit Award (‘the dean’s list’) – awarded by BUET. Received this award in the junior year (Level-3) and Final year (senior year, Level-4).
- Dhaka Education Board Scholarship for Higher Secondary Certificate Examination.
- Dhaka Education Board Scholarship for Secondary School Certificate Examination.
- Talent pool Scholarship, Government Junior merit examination (Class 8). Stood 1st in Ishwarganj school district.
Numerous awards in general knowledge competitions, including:
- Champion in Inter college competition, Holy Cross College.
- Runner UP in Inter college competition, Notre Dame College.
Numerous awards in math olympiads, including:
- Champion in inter college math olympiad, Viqarunnisa Noon College.
- Champion in inter college math olympiad, Notre Dame College.
Courses I’ve Taught
- Pattern Recognition,
- Microprocessor and Interfacing (Theory and Lab),
- Electronics (Theory and Lab),
- Data Communication,
- Measurement and Instrumentation I (Theory and Lab),
- Digital Electronics (Theory and Lab),
- Solid State Devices,
- Digital signal processing,
- Signals and Systems,
- Control System I (Theory and Lab),
- Power Electronics,
- Electrical Circuits,
- Embedded Control,
- Electronic Instrumentation,
- Integrated Electronics
Major Graduate courses I had as a student
- Image Processing,
- Pattern Recognition,
- Machine Learning,
- Distributed Systems and Sensors,
- Speech Communication,
- Biomedical Signal Processing,
- Design of Power semiconductor circuits and drives,
- Carbon Nanotechnology,
- Broadband Wireless Communication,
- Synthetic Biology,
- Physical Foundations of Solid State Devices,
- R&D Management,
- Starting Up a new Venture,
- Portfolio Management,
- Corporate Finance,
- Managerial Accounting,
- Integrated Marketing Communication