Publish Date : 27th February, 2018
The students and faculty members of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering of United International University have successfully got seven papers accepted and present at the International Conference on Emerging Technologies in Data Mining and Information Security (IEMIS 2018).
List of papers:
- Subcellular Localization of Gram-Negative Proteins Using Label Power-set Encoding Information. Authors: Hasnaeen Ferdous, Raihan Uddin and Swakkhar Shatabda
- RAiTA: Recommending Accepted Answer using Textual Metadata information. Authors: Md. Mofijul Islam, Sk. Shariful Islam Arafat, Md Shakil Hossain, Md Mahmudur Rahman, S M Al-Hossain Imam, Md. Mahmudul Hasan, Swakkhar Shatabda and Tamanna Islam Juthi
- LIUBoost: Locality Informed Under-Boosting for Imbalanced Data Classification information. Authors: Sajid Ahmed, Farshid Rayhan, Asif Mahbub, Md. Rafsan Jani, Swakkhar Shatabda and Dewan Farid
- Prediction of Bacteriophage Protein Locations Using Deep Neural Networks information. Authors: Muhammad Ali, Farzana Afrin Taniza, Arefeen Rahman Niloy, Sanjay Saha and Swakkhar Shatabda
- Wavelet and Pyramid Histogram Features for Image based Leaf Detection. Authors: Al Amin Neaz Ahmed, H. M. Fazlul Haque, Abdur Rahman, Md Susam Ashraf and Swakkhar Shatabda
- Machine Learning for Mining Imbalanced Data. Authors: Sabera Hoque, Md. Yasir Arafat and Dewan Farid
- The Prediction of Traffic Flow with Regression Analysis. Authors: Ishteaque Alam, Dewan Farid and Rosaldo J. F. Rossetti
Dr Dewan Md. Farid, Associate Professor, Dept of CSE, UIU was an invited speaker and gave a plenary talk at the conference. In addition to that, the paper titled “Wavelet and Pyramid Histogram Features for Image based Leaf Detection” by Al Amin Neaz Ahmed, H. M. Fazlul Haque, Abdur Rahman, Md Susam Ashraf and Swakkhar Shatabda was judged best paper of the session, ” Image Processing”.