Why CSE at UIU
- About CSE
- Why CSE at UIU
Why CSE @ UIU
- Accredited by The Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh (IEB) with the ranking of ‘B’ (Good) grade.
- Provide international standard education in undergraduate and selected professional and graduate levels as well. Our graduates have been successfully pursuing Masters and Ph.D in USA, Japan, Germany, New Zealand and in many EU countries. One of our undergrad students, Mr. Abdul Motin Howlader received Presidents Award and Monbukagakusho Scholarship at his Masters and PhD levels at University of the Ryukyus, Japan.
- Maintain a pool of excellent teaching staff by hiring through a rigorous screening and interview. Note that there is a lack of Ph.D faculties throughout the country. Still we have managed to accommodate seven Ph.D faculties in CSE department alone and still in search for more Ph.D faculties. Unlike other private universities we hardly hire part-time teachers in order to ensure proper nurturing and caring of our students
- To reduce the industry academia gap seminars, workshops and parallel academic training programs on the state-of-the-art technologies are arranged, which are conducted by the industry people. To maintain a close linkage with the local industry leaders, the CSE department has signed a MOU with BASIS. UIU has a BASIS student forum and has an active partnership with Microsoft, Google Developer Group and Oracle (Oracle academy).
- Maintain the student teacher ratio as low as possible to provide an effective teaching and learning environment. In theory classes this ratio is 15~35 while in lab classes this is 10~25.
- Target to address all kinds of students including slow and passive learners.
- Provide a good number of scholarships. At present 20% students get 25-100% tuition fee waiver based on previous semester’s result. In addition to this we provide scholarships during admission (in the form of tuition waivers) based on HSC result and 3% freedom fighters quota.
- Arrange extra-curricular activities for student through a number of student clubs and forums.
- Always make an impact in the society by engaging students in social work, helping others during natural disasters, women empowerment, child education, etc.